How to Use:
Interra Preta™ Biochar Enriched Potting Soil is ready for growing right out of the bag, or in the bag! You could actually plant a seed into one of these bags and grow right out of it. If you prefer the old fashioned way like us, here’s how you go about it.
Planting From Containers Into Soil
1. Dig a hole at least twice as wide as the plant container.
2. Loosen roots and set plant in hole so root ball is slightly exposed above ground.
3. Backfill hole with Interra Preta then build a 2” high mound around outer edge of hole. This is to hold water.
4. Water gently & thoroughly. Enjoy!
Filling Raised Beds and Containers
Interra Preta’s Biochar Enriched Potting Soil is all you will need to fill your raised bed or pots. Calculate how many cubic feet your bed holds by multiplying the width, length and depth of your bed in feet. For example, a great starter bed size is 4′x4′x6” which would require 8 cubic feet of this Biochar Enriched Potting Soil. If you’re planting in a pot instead, just fill it up. It’s that easy!
All natural and organic ingredients
Compost, Coconut Coir, Nitrolized Redwood Shavings, Douglas Fir Wood Shavings, Biochar, Sand, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Kelp Meal, Fish Emulsion, Yucca Extract.
Our blends are made entirely out of natural ingredients that others might consider “waste”. However, there is no such thing as waste in nature. Our compost and biochar are both derived from discarded wood that was not grown for this purpose, unlike some crops and trees that are grown elsewhere only to be used as fuel. If it wasn’t made into biochar or compost, the wood would have rotted and released all its carbon into the atmosphere. We also purposefully do not use ingredients like peat which is harvested in unsustainable ways and doing so actually fuels climate change. We do everything we can to be more sustainable and leave a positive impact on the earth. By using Ancient Elements™, you can too!
Benefits of using Ancient Elements™
– Retain soil nutrients and water better
– Increase soil health and microorganism activity
– Sequester carbon for centuries
– Build vigorous soil environment
– It contains natural and organic ingredients
– Skillfully blended for ease of application